This mock is done on the presumption that the lockout will last long past the draft. No signings, no trades, all UFAs can’t be signed or resigned.
1. Carolina: Blaine Gabbert Qb Missouri. Status quo ante. McShitforBrains’ rationale for Bowers here is absurd.
2. Denver: AJ Green WR UGA. DeMaryius Thomas’ injury basically destroys his career.
3. Buffalo: Von Miller 34 OLB TAMU. Status quo ante. If they can deal Fitzpatrick, expect them to deal back and draft a QB if possible.
4. Cincinnati: Robert Quinn DL UNC. Him or Fairley, they have visions of him and Dunlap terrorizing Qbs.
5. Arizona: Aldon Smith DE/OLB Missouri. Shooting up the boards, he allows the Cards to dump the Corpse of Joey Porter.
6. Cleveland: Nick Fairley DT Auburn. Keeps them from thinking about dealing for Haynesworth.
7. San Francisco: Patrick Peterson CB LSU. Clements might be the worst FA signing of all time.
8. Tennessee: Marcell Dareus DL Alabama. They need that inside DT presence.
9. Dallas: Prince Amukarama CB Nebraska. Status quo ante.
10. Washington: Julio Jones WR Alabama. Armstrong stays at X, Austin plays Z, Jones is a real chain mover at Y.
11. Houston: Adrian Clayborn DL Iowa. Status quo ante
12. Minnesota: Mike Pouncey OG Florida. Play him at RG now, slides to the left to replace Hutchinson soon.
13. Detroit: Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma. Status quo ante
14. St Louis: Leonard Hankerson WR Miami. Him or Titus Young here. Martez Wilson or a TE also a possibility.
15. Miami: Martez Wilson LB Illinois. Wake and Dansby are solid players. Crowder is already slowing down.
16. Jacksonville: Cameron Jordan DL California. The Jags love them some tweeners.
17. New England(From Oakland): Mark Ingram RB Alabama. Status quo ante.
18. San Diego: Akeem Ayers LB UCLA. Too many defensive holes.
19. New York Giants: Derek Sherrod OT Miss State. OT help is top of the list.
20. Tampa Bay: Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson. They try to forget how much of a schlub Gaines Adams was before they dealt him.
21. Kansas City: Phil Taylor NT Baylor. They have some pieces, but they need their Vince Wilfolk.
22. Indianapolis: Tyron Smith OT Southern Cal. Status quote ante
23. Philadelphia: Joseph Barksdale OT LSU Maybe not the oversized Oompa Lumpa that Reid loves, but he’s a RT and that means Winston Justice can go bye bye.
24. New Orleans: Corey Liuget DL Illinois. A reach, but him, Kerrigan or Watt here.
25. Seattle: Nate Solder OT Colorado. Locklear is a major problem.
26. Baltimore: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin. Its very possible that they take Barksdale if he’s here, he fits the mold that they like, but they need a LT so that Oher can play back on the right.
27. Atlanta: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh. Status quo ante. Titus Young is a possibility also, but they need a chain mover, not another burner.
28. New England: Titus Young WR Boise State. An outside deep threat. Branch+Welker only gets you so far.
29. Chicago: Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College. Stuck with Cutler, they focus on getting a real LT.
30. New York Jets: Muhammed Wilkerson DL Temple. This is off a rumor going around which makes a lot of sense. They need young blood on that Dline. Kerrigan is a possibility here, but Wilkerson fits the system better.
31. Pittsburgh: Rodney Hudson OG FSU. Still riding the wave of his senior bowl, but this is a bit of a reach(tiny one maybe).
32. Green Bay: Ben Ijalana OL Villanova. He can play RT or slide inside.