This draft totally hinges on what happens at #1, do they take Bradford there or do they take Suh there:
Scenario #1: Rams take Sam Bradford #1 overall. How this impacts the top of the draft board and their choices:
-Detroit takes Suh #2(almost zero doubt about that) and the best OT in the 2nd round.
-Washington takes Okung, Trent Williams or Bulaga in round 1(probably Williams or Bulaga) and Snead, Pike or Tebow in round 2.
-KC picks from whichever OT Washington didn’t, then goes after the best defensive back playmaker in round 2
-Seattle doesn’t pass on an OT at 6 with so many of the top tier of talent going early, then they look defensive backfield with their 2nd 1st.
-Cleveland probably gets to choose from Berry, Gerald McCoy or Rolando McClain
-Oakland picks someone 20-30 picks too high.
Scenario #2: Rams take Suh #1.
-Detroit takes Okung or Eric Berry(probably 70% leaning towards Okung) and takes the best DB they can get in round 2.
-Tampa takes Gerald McCoy or Eric Berry(probably 75% leaning towards McCoy)
-Washington’s rep knocks down the Tampa rep getting the Bradford card up to the podium and takes the best OT available at #37(they would prefer Brown I believe).
-KC takes the best OT available and the best defensive playmaker in round 2, or they take whomever Tampa didn’t take and take the best OLineman they see in round 2.
-Seattle probably takes an OT at 6 and then a RB or BPA with their 2nd 1st.
-Cleveland probably only has Derrick Morgan, McClain, Mays, Graham or Haden to choose from.
-Oakland still picks someone 20-30 picks too high.
This mock is based on scenario 2.
1. St Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska. Status quo ante—but Bradford’s shoulder checking out might up the probability of him going #1 about 10%.
2. Detroit Lions: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State. Status quo ante
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma. Status quo ante(but Berry is a possibility still)
4. Washington Redskins: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma. Status quo ante..if the reports are true that Bradford’s shoulder is healthy, he’s not falling past the Redskins.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma. And the Sooner run continues! Williams is flexible enough to play either OT spot.
6. Seattle Seahawks: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa. Apparently, the Hawks think that Whitehurst is the real deal.
7. Cleveland Browns: Eric Berry S Tennessee. Status quo ante.
8. Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT UMD. Hi, I’m Raiders GM Troy McClure, you may remember me from such top ten busts as Darius Heyward-Bey, JaMarcus Russell, Darren McFadden and Darrell Russell.
9. Buffalo Bills: Derrick Morgan OLB/DE Georgia Tech. Almost positive that it’ll be him or McClain here. They need lbs for that 3-4 badly.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida. Dumb pick, but they need to sell tickets.
11. Denver Broncos(from Chicago): Rolando McClain LB Alabama. Denver runs up to the podium with the pick before they even pick up the phone call from Belichick looking to snag him.
12. Miami Dolphins: Brandon Graham 34 OLB Michigan. He starts immediately.
13. San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers. Status quo ante
14. Seattle Seahawks(from Denver): Taylor Mays S Southern Cal. A RB or WR is also possible here, but Carroll just can’t pass on Mays.
15. New York Giants: Joe Haden CB Florida. They lurve Webster, but Ross is made of glass and Thomas is far too inconsistent.
16. Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida. Washburn’s done some amazing things with their DLine, they figure he can make something out of JPP.
17. San Francisco 49ers(from Carolina): Nate Allen FS South Florida. San Fran’s safeties are an embarrassment, Allen starts from day
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Iupati OL Idaho. Status quo ante
19. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss. Status quo ante
20. Houston Texans: Kyle Wilson CB Boise State. They need DBs pretty badly.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Jahvid Best RB California. Same rational as taking Spiller in the last mock.
22. New England Patriots: Tim Tebow ?? Florida. Status quo ante
23. Green Bay Packers: Jerry Hughes OLB TCU. Need a pass rusher so that Matthews can cover more.
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Sean Witherspoon OLB Missouri. Status quo ante
25. Baltimore Ravens: Kareem Jackson CB Alabama. Experienced player who answered his speed questions.
26. Arizona Cardinals: Jason Worilds 34 OLB Va Tech. A great pro day shoots him up boards.
27. Dallas Cowboys: Terrance Cody NT Alabama. Allows the Boys to move Ratliff to DE.
28. San Diego Chargers: Damian Williams WR Southern Cal. Jackson’s far too mercurial, Floyd disappears way too much. They need a chain mover.
29. New York Jets: Golden Tate WR Notre Dame. Rebounding, he allows the Jets to move Edwards.
30. Minnesota Vikings: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame. Status quo ante, but not throwing at the ND pro day or privately might drop him another 15-20 picks.
31. Indianapolis Colts: Jared Odrick DL PSU. Tweener type that the Colts go after.
32. New Orleans Saints: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma. Shockey is falling apart before our eyes.
1. St Louis Rams: Jevan Snead QB Ole Miss.
2. Detroit Lions: Dan Williams DL Tennessee
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon LaFell WR LSU
4. Kansas City Chiefs: Earl Thomas FS Texas
5. Washington Redskins: Charles Brown OT Southern Cal
6. Cleveland Browns: Sergio Kindle 34 OLB Texas
7. Oakland Raiders: CJ Spiller Rb Clemson Community College
8. San Diego Chargers(from Seattle): Cam Thomas NT UNC
9. Buffalo Bills: Jamar Cheney ILB Miss State
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(from Chicago): Everson Griffen DE Southern Cal
11. Miami Dolphins: Aaron Hernandez TE Florida
12. New England Patriots(from Jacksonville): Brandon Spikes LB Florida
13. Denver Broncos: Chad Jones S LSU
14. New York Giants: Sean Lee LB PSU
15. New England Patriots(from Tennessee): Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State
16. Carolina Panthers: Carlton Mitchell WR South Florida
17. San Francisco 49ers: Tony Pike QB Cincinnati
18. Kansas City Chiefs(from Atlanta): Ben Tate RB Auburn
19. Houston Texans: Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
21. New England Patriots: Ricky Sapp 34 OLB Clemson Community College
22. Cincinnati Bengals: Anthony McCoy TE Southern Cal
23. Philadelphia Eagles: John Jerry OL Ole Miss
24. Green Bay Packers: Rodger Saffold OT Indiana
25. Baltimore Ravens: Reshad Jones S UGA
26. Arizona Cardinals: Darrell Stuckey S Kansas
27. Dallas Cowboys: Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian
28. Seattle Seahawks(from San Diego Chargers): Joe McKnight RB Southern Cal
29. New York Jets: Eric Norwood 34 OLB South Carolina
30. Minnesota Vikings: Geno Atkins DT UGA
31. Indianapolis Colts: Mike Johnson OG Alabama
32. New Orleans Saints: Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida